Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name

Being a huge fan of Shakespeare I made this bento with strawberry roses (first time making them! I learned how with this video but I only did 2 layers. I think I could have done another but I was afraid of messing them up! I bet Brandon (my culinary inclined and skilled boyfriend) could make way better ones! He bought us some fresh fruit when we went shopping today. I hope he gets to eat some more of it. He doesn't have a day off until Saturday and we don't live together yet. Also in this bento are some fresh blackberries, pistachios in Garlic and Onion as well as Chili Lime flavors and some edamame. I love edamame and pistachios. People always ask vegetarians and especially vegans "Where do you get your protein?", well nuts and soybeans are great sources! Edamame and soybeans in general are a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids! So eat up plain or with a little sea salt or other seasoning!

Strawberry roses, blackberries, flavored pistachios and edamame

No comments:

Post a Comment