Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Bento Creations So Far:

I thought I would share my attempts so far. Suggestions would be fine but please be nice. I am new to this!



This is my first bento attempt made in an old Tupperware container. I like the shape of this container and it was a nice size. I made a roll up with a whole wheat tortilla, peanut butter, dried cranberries and chopped almonds. I cut it like sushi and put it in the container with some apple sticks and some vegan vanilla yogurt for dipping. I didn't have any lemon juice or anything else to prevent the apple from browning.



This next one was made today. It includes garlic ready rice with quinoa, lime juice and fresh cilantro along with hummus, fat free vegan refried beans and some vegetable crackers. I used baby carrots to separate, add color and to dip.


I hope you liked my beginner bentos. I don't have an official bento box yet or any accessories but I am on the lookout. If anyone finds anything cool in a store please share your finds. :)

I want to experiment with cookie cutters to cut bread, veggies and vegan cheeses and deli slices. I am excited to get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment